Reporter to camera
David Cameron interview SOT
- What I heard from the India PM and Indian business is they are mad keen to invest even more in the UK economy. Enormous appetite, Indians are pressing us to make sure it's easier to travel and work and study in Britain. They want British companies to provid universaties, healthcare of the future and their transport corridor. An enormous enthusiasm from Prime Minister Singh downwards.
- More than half of Indian investment into the EU comes to Britain. Choosing Britian because we have a skilled workforce our access to European markets, business friendly government, low rates of corporate tax
- I believe is what we've done is have a strategy for reforming Europe and keeping Britian in Europe. The major business leaders have repeated that back and very enthusiastic about the investments that they make
- I've been talking to the students here and they recognise you have to have a controlled and managed immigration policy and recognise we're making a generous offer in saying there's no limit on the number of students from India who can study at British universities. We inherited a system of 180 bogus colleges that weren't teaching students but allowing them to work in the economy in unskilled jobs
- I think we can be proud of our history, of course there are episodes that are not good but on the whole the British contribution here in India is recognised. When you look at what Britian brought, gave and invested in India, those things are still appreciated. We aren't sitting back on our laurels, we've got to get out there and make the case
- Massive investment in energy infrastructure. What is not right is to argue that somehow we are going to be constrained in our capacity, we have plans to expand nuclear industry, plans for renewable industry, additional gas capacity, all this is set out in our Energy bill. My concern is at the same time to keep costs down for consumers, so will legislate to put cu...
No use by regional TV or radio in UK and Ireland until 3 days after date of creation. Prior approval required if clip features ITN newsreader or reporter, please contact your local Getty Images representative.No use by regional TV or radio in UK and Ireland until 3 days after date of creation. Prior approval required if clip features ITN newsreader or reporter, please contact your local Getty Images representative.